My work space
My work space
Such an elegant #decor, had to share it http://goo.gl/T0HtD
This California beach house gets a #makeover with #linen sofas, #Ralph Lauren printed #drapes & cushions and some batik floral printed drapes for the master suite. http://goo.gl/3nmkZ
Check out these interesting use of spring colors for your #home decor http://goo.gl/C5Rjj
Curtains are key to your home decor - both from a functional and an aesthetic angle. Functional because it prevents heavy sunlight to get inside the room as well as helps with privacy and aesthetic because it gives a complete and full bodied look to your room.
Here’s what customers want the most these days when it comes to window treatments with curtains/drapes.
1. Remote and switch controlled curtains are trending high - although these are definitely on the expensive side, some users completely prefer this. Wood, bronze & cast iron are used instead of powder coated aluminium channels.
2. Printed Polyster, Jackard, heavy Jackard, Viscous, double weaving cloth, terkosa etc are the latest types of clothes. Always select you curtain fabric and style based on the color of your walls, the design theme in that room and the colors/fabric of your bed linen.
3. Scalp, Pelmet and Wallace curtains: I think of these as more of accessories for the window.
4. Roman Blinds: This is a popular one for bedrooms mostly. Gives an open yet cozy look to the room. Its typically available in Silk, cotton, jute and denim cloths.
5. Creative loops: In this variety various loops are used instead of pleats. Fancy buttons on the loop will enhance the beauty. This is the simplest type of curtain.
Here is a sneak peak into what interior designers are saying will be the top trends for home decor in 2014.
1. Yellow is the new blue and pink for home decor: Interestingly used different shades of yellow will be the hot favorite of designers when it comes to fabrics, drapes..
2. Floral patterns are back: Vintage, bold splashes of color and vibrant combinations will see a comeback. But it also depends on how all this can be balanced with subtle and pastal shades not to make the room look overwhelmed with colors.
3. Flashy expressive styles: Think animal and plant prints..
4. Texture heavy fabrics: Suede, beige and other full bodied fabrics will be the more popular ones. Ottoman tops, chairs are a few things to consider with these kinds of fabrics.
5. Year of the Man: What I mean (or rather the designers) mean by that is 2014 will see more of sturdy chairs, heavy wooden or metal trunks (instead of a traditional coffee table) iron sculptures/mantle pieces. That said I think that definitely needs to be mellowed with some subtle and soft patterns.
here is another one #home decor